Friday, 15 March 2013

EOT Licence

To rent out your Villa, for less than 3 months at a time, you need to obtain a licence from the Greek
Tourist Board, known as EOT. 
We now have our licence and display the badge on this website, however I would say it was not without it's problems!  It took 8 years and cost thousands of Euros!  Our main problem was that year on year they kept changing the rules.

To obtain the licence you have to get 5000 points.  You get points for having various bits of equipment within the Villa, we even had to put ceiling fans in for extra points, despite there being air conditioning.  The points are more geared towards hotels than Villas, but with the right people working for you it is acheivable.

For us, the Villa was always meant to pay for itself, so we are glad that we can now advertise it for rent, however there are people who still rent without it and they will have their commuppance as the EOT people are now using google map to search for Villas and determine whether they are licenced or not!

Here is an outline from holidaylettings site to give you an overview!

If you do want to ask any questions about it, or need advice on where to start, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Annie x

1 comment: